Tree Care Tips
– After high winds or heavy snowfall check your trees for damage.
Broken branches can be a danger to you and your property.
– Thin out overgrown deciduous trees.
Better air flow and light penetration makes for a healthy tree.
– Check trees that are staked.
Remove or relocate wraps to prevent girdling.
– Deep root fertilize trees.
Once per year. Sick trees should be feed twice per year.
– Protect Ash, Pine and Spruce treees form Mountain Pine, IPS and
Successful attacks from these insects are usually a death sentence
– Only trim Crabapples and American Elms in the late fall
This helps to prevent the spread of Fire blight and lessens the changeces
of Elm Bark Beetle attack.
– Deep root water Evergreen trees during the winter.
Colorado winters usually do not provide enought moisture to replace what
is lost trhought desiocation.