Trimming Trees in Denver Since 1978
Ross Tree is a locally owned and operated company providing professional tree pruning in the Denver area since 1978. Pruning trees involves removing damaged, weak, or dead limbs to improve tree structure and encourage healthy growth. For a free estimate of our tree pruning and trimming services, click here to fill out a request service form or call 303-871-9121 to discuss your options with Ross Tree.
Three Reasons to Hire a Professional Tree Service Company
Proper tree pruning is both a science and an art. The “science” is plant physiology. The “art” is taking the time to prune a tree into an appropriate shape. Homeowners should hire a professional tree service company for pruning for three reasons:
- Trees are valuable real estate assets. A mature tree landscape accounts for 5-10 percent of the value of a Denver home, which equates to buying a new car. So, it is wise to hire a tree service company that knows how to keep your valuable tree assets healthy.
- Since tree work is dangerous, we recommend hiring a professional company that takes job safety seriously and is insured. If there is a mishap, the tree service company’s insurance covers injuries or damage, not the homeowner’s.
- Sometimes, it takes an expert to spot a tree insect, a disease, or assess tree viability. Also, most professional tree companies have the equipment to reach high and penetrate dense crowns.
How Do You Decide What Company to Hire?
Homeowners taking the time to understand a company’s commitment to quality, safety, licensing, and reputation will hire the best tree service company to address their tree problems. Hiring a reputable tree service company saves money in the long run because tree pruning done right improves tree health, making trees less susceptible to mechanical breakage, tree pests, and diseases. Below are three tips on hiring the best tree service company.
- Check to see if a tree service company has at least one International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist on staff. Arborists specialize in tree care and become certified by taking coursework and passing a comprehensive examination.
- Check the company’s website and see if they are a member of ISA and the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA). Membership in both organizations shows their willingness to stay up-to-date on the latest tree care innovations and best practices.
- Check the company’s reviews on Google My Business or Yelp. Companies with 4-star reviews or higher are probably good picks.
Ross Tree Company and its three full-time ISA Certified Arborists embrace Standards-Based Pruning as defined by the TCIA. Based on plant physiology and industry best practices, the TCIA developed an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard for tree trimming. To understand the benefits of this approach, check out Ross Tree’s Handbook on Standards-Based Pruning.
Types of Tree Pruning
We prune yard trees to form a dominant leader because a tree with the correct structure can withstand Denver’s unpredictable wind and snowstorms. Below are three types of pruning.
- Structural Pruning – In an urban setting, the abundance of sunlight causes trees to produce excessive branching. Structural pruning favors a single dominant leader that promotes tree growth around a single trunk. Weaker tree limbs get trimmed back to their strongest point or removed.
- Safety Pruning – Winter, squirrel, insect, or disease damage contribute to dead or dying branches. Safety pruning removes deadwood from trees to prevent limbs from falling in a yard, adjacent property, or on sidewalks.
- Shaping – Every tree has a unique shape. We prune trees to highlight the beauty of each tree in a way that encourages natural growth. Certified arborists understand the growth patterns of local trees and prune them to enhance each tree species’ beauty.
Pruning at the right time and in the right way is critical since it is possible to kill or damage a tree by over-pruning. Unfortunately, sometimes trees cannot be saved. Ross Tree has the experience and equipment to remove trees of any size.